THE HIP ZIP 78704



Monday, January 17, 2011

I want to give you a little history of my involvement in Travis Heights. My grandparents built their home on Alta Vista Ave. in 1926. It was a small white bungalow of approximately a thousand square feet, built in the style of the times. In 1953, they remodeled and expanded the home to around sixteen hundred square feet. This is the house I knew growing up in Travis Heights, visiting my grandparents, playing in the park and exploring the creek. In 1988, my wife, Tamara, and I moved in after our wedding. In 1990, Tamara and I decided to renovate, and the entire house went through a major remodeling. We completed the upstairs, added a new kitchen, a master suite and back deck. In 1995, our oldest daughter was born, followed by our youngest daughter in 1997. Our daughters attended Faith Presbyterian preschool where I served as the chairman of the board of directors. Our daughters attended Travis Heights Elementary where during nine years Iwas president of the PTA for a year, and was co-chair of the CAC (campus advisory committee) for 8 years, working closely with other parents living in our neighborhood, the administration and faculty of the school. In 2003, I formed a band consisting of myself and 5 talented teachers. the student body, through a school wide vote, named the band “The Thunderband.” For six years we played at all school functions and every friday assembly. Although I retired from the band in 2009, it is still performing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment